Monday, November 06, 2006

learning to breathe

Some days the details of life just seem to smother me.
I feel like I can’t even breathe!
What I have to do and what I am, suffocates who I want to be
& who I want to become.
Everyday seems like it is full of challenges, struggles and transitions.
This is true for most people I am sure… That is reality.
No one can expect a life free of those things.
I seem to let myself get bogged down and allow misery to take over.
Yet I know I can & need to change my perspective.
I have to think, “I can Breathe!”
I will get through this day, these struggles with God’s help and grace.
I have to choose to recognize and accept these challenges and accept them with grace – to prioritize them rather than letting them prioritize me.
I wish to enjoy the journey. During some of my worst days, I have found the rarest of moments almost overlooked and lost. With grace and choosing, I know I can find the courage to take deep breaths and enjoy life and even the struggles & challenges.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are not nurtured... We need validation, We need intamacy We need Love ... No person can persevere alone or left alone. A relationship cannot strenghten by absenteeism. I really enjoyed reading your blog. You have depth and clarity. I feel sad for you. It seems you need to be nurtured and fulfilled. Your photos are fantastic! Artists are a restless lot... Hang in there God has some sense of humour.... More will be revealed! Steven

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.