Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Alone time

I never imagined that I would spend between 68%-75% of my (awake)life Alone
( depending on the week & situation)
or more specifically without my spouse. While I am with the kids 98% of that time -- & occasionally with other people … I still feel isolated from my husband & alone in the world. I think that alone puts a big strain on our relationship.
This doesn’t even consider the fact that the kids see their father less than 80% of the week. I don’t know what to do about that .. or how to change it..
But I think that if this is realized … that maybe we both can work harder to utilize & make the little time we do have together important—
to enjoy each other’s company & the kids. We need to put more value on this time.

I do know that is it probably normal to spend a majority of the week days apart, etc – for anyone.. but I do think we have a higher % here. I just remember & think about people who are dating – they spend the Majority of their free time ( outside of work time) together.. we don’t & we live together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.