Monday, October 16, 2006

life is love, life is strange

some one called about the house... that Don & Dave have been working on..
they seem really interested... It would be SO great to Sell the Place before the Holidays, because people generally don't move from November till Feb.
& they have interest building on credit cards...
it would be a big stress reliever for the guys.

on another note.....

It is weird being married... I've been for over 5 years.. yet it's still strange to be comfortable
I think i am... I've come to the point where i talk about my husband & his life -- as if it where my own.
still it's odd to think about... it's like I'm living someone else's life... at times...
not really what i choose... but I'm living as i go... whatever happens -- is a part of me now.
THIS... is not who i am... I am not the person i have become...
but of course i have to be... right?

I was, or sometimes feel like i was so much more before all of this...
before marriage & kids... yet still i wouldn't give it up..
but sometimes i wish i could have part of myself back.
I have really left everything i ever was before i met Don.
I never pictured my life like this....
not bad - just different.

but most married people say -
it's like you are giving yourself up for that other person & other people ( kids, husband, work, etc)
so they can be happy...
& in turn because of their happiness - you are.

being a mom especially makes one loose individuality...
loss of self.. loss of who you were before these little people took over...
it's a strange thing...




"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket -- safe, dark, motionless, airless -- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

The only place outside heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of love is hell!"


-- C.S. Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.