Sunday, November 06, 2005

what a day...

11/5/05
Well the day started off a pretty good one. The weather has consisted of gorgeous, autumn coolness with the warmth of the sun. The leaves are finally changing colors which make for a beautiful season.
Don & Dave went out to work on the Concord house.
So Sarah Smith, Mr Smith, Ryan, Carmen, along with me and the kids went up to Crab tree falls for a hike. It was the perfect day. I really wished Don could have joined us. With the help of the group, Caleb and Jadyn made it all the way up the trail and all the way down. Quite a feat for a 4 year old! Needless to say the kids where exhausted.
We briefly met the guys out in Concord at the Lintons house. When we got home the kids went right to sleep.
To top the night off we watched the Virginia Tech vs. Miami football game. The game was not going well, but that was not the worst part of the night for me. Don was playing around and jumped over the back of the couch to surprise and sit next to me. When he did he landed on my left arm that was braced against the seat. In that moment I heard two cracks, never a good sound. The pain was awful, but I had hopes it would subside quickly. It did not. Above my wrist was a dip in my arm, like a valley. It was not a pretty sight. Don had hopes it was just sprained or out of socket. I informed him it was not.
We went off to the hospital, a long and painful drive. The hospital took me back quickly, thank God. If I had to wait too long, I’m sure I would have passed out. Luckily, I did not need surgery. Those few hours at the hospital seemed to last forever. Though I was injected with morphine, my arm still ached greatly. We finished watching the game while the dr. set my arm; it was quick and painless. Tech lost.

The worst aspects of it all are:
typing with one hand is slow (so schoolwork now takes longer),
Dealing with the kids & housework is now a real hassle,
I can’t run, do push-ups, or roller abs (so now I’m gonna get out-of shape and fat), &
I can’t drive a stick so no Mazda zoom, zoom for me (I don’t even get the chance to beat Ryan’s time).
On top of all of that, this is really embarrassing, especially cause I have to explain what happened a 1000xs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.