Friday, November 04, 2005

november blues

november is tough on love

November Rain
When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain

But lovers always come and lovers always go
An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away

If we could take the time
to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

Do you need some time...on your own
Do you need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...
on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

I know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you

Sometimes I need some time...on my
own
Sometimes I need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...
on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

And when your fears subside
And shadows still remain
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain

Don't ya think that you need somebody
Don't ya think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one

November Regrets
just because i said goodbye
didnt mean that i wanted you to walk away
and now without a reason why
i awake and find another day
my heart is bleeding in your hands
i hope it stains in your mind
and everynight the moon may come up
but now my stars stay behind
words burned into my memory
those locks i can never change
i'm all stocked up on hopelessness
but despair i think i can arrange
concentration
declaration
anything of my love
explaination
conversation
on the wings of a dying dove
just because i said "i love you"
didnt mean that i wanted you to stay
and just because you said i was priceless
doesnt mean that you were willing to pay

November
The past we seek
Some certainty
The seasons we remember
The light of May...and darkest days
The month we call...November

To leave behind
The wasted time
And every bad decision
...and harder still
Some force of will
To feel we are forgiven

But something stays
So who am I to say
There's nothing more between us
...and I don't know the reasons

Nothing's clear
I've come to no conclusions
Said and done
Is it all said and done?

So here we are
Not very far
From when we said
Forever
...and all we have
This restless past
This month we call...
November


Shoot The Moon
The summer days are gone too soon
You shoot the moon
And miss completely
And now you're left to face the gloom
The empty room that once smelled sweetly
Of all the flowers you plucked if only
You knew the reason
Why you had to each be lonely
Was it just the season?

Now the fall is here again
You can't begin to give in
It's all over

When the snows come rolling through
You're rolling too with some new lover
Will you think of times you've told me
That you knew the reason
Why we had to each be lonely
It was just the season

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.