Thursday, June 09, 2005

Home?

I enjoyed my time with family in Okla. Aubra & I went to visit Grandma Searcy, possibly for the last time. She liked to see the kids and it was nice to see that she was doing better than I expected.
It’s weird to return to a house that doesn’t smell like home – the home I where I reside, in Virginia doesn’t smell like my own. The scents from different rooms are not the familiar. I suppose I think home should have a neutral scent -- or something you don't notice.
It was really great to see Don again. I didn’t realize how much I missed him.
We brought back a kitten with us -- Caleb named her Sprinkle-- she's cute, of course and looks like a holstien cow. So now i'm busy getting settled back into everyday life. I put up stuff and weeded the flower garden today. so for now I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of the summer, before heading back to school in Aug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.