Friday, November 24, 2006

thanksgiving weekend

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING weekend

So it’s the Thanksgiving weekend. While I should be thinking about all the things & people I am thankful for – instead I am wishing I had a few of the people who make my life a happy one around.
-- i really wish i could be home in Oklahoma Right NOW…
I think i might go next year. This is the time of year when I want most to be around lots of the people I care & love. So being alone makes it seem worse.

Yesterday, on Thanksgiving Day - in the morning i made breakfast & watched the Parade & cooked for Dinner. We went out to don's parent’s house around 230 - & ate dinner with his family.
After MUCH debate & discussion Don did go to the Beach –
... i didn't think he really cared to go & Don didn’t want to leave Me here alone.
I don’t mind that he is going . i didn't particularly care to go & didn't have any childcare so it wasn’t an option.
Caleb Patteson really wanted Don to go & convinced him to come. Since Caleb was making the effort coming from KY - I thought Don should as well. & Caleb called to beg Don to go. Ryan really thought he should go too. I thought he should go since he wasn’t missing anything here & had the time off work.
So don left this morning with Ryan after Shopping – of course!
so i guess they will be back sometime on Sunday
but now I am a bit lonely here with just the kids.

So here I am at home bored with nothing but cleaning & laundry to do… so while the kids watch a Disney movie I rented for them – I am cleaning the kitchen & listening to NPR & now writing this.
I do hate being unproductive… Lets see what did I do today?
I got up & cleaned up messes the kids had already made
– since they woke up several hours before me!
I got out some Christmas decorations & put up a few lights outside. I do LOVE Christmas lights! I watched some College football then we went out to rent some movies & look around Target… that was the highlight of the day.
Basically it’s like any other week day to me.. but it is already a long boring weekend – two more days to go…
so for now i will try to focus on Giving Thanks to God for all the things & times i have been blessed with & the Kids that i have around me right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.