Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Don’t look back

in convo at LU – Dr. Caner spoke on how for some of us – the past is our prison
(Gen19 / Gen11:28)
His question was are you Lot or his wife?

Don’t look back – move on – learn

Lot – finally I can move on – ( “yes I have been caught up in things is shouldn’t” – like offering his virgin daughters to be raped) - but he took advantage of the opportunity to escape the situation.
His wife- pain/ past becomes your torment and temptation.
God gives us opportunities at any moment to change our ways and move away from the past. “Don’t be living with baggage- are you willing to let God use you in spite of your past? Don’t be a Hebrew slave –desire to be back in slavery, just cause of hard times.

This is, of course, just some of what he spoke about – but I didn’t remember it all –
But it definitely, was one of those messages that spoke to a lot of people in a lot of different ways.
I think for me – many many times ive been lot’s wife – thinking, Yes I can finally move of get away from my past – but then I keep looking back –and I allowing my past to affect my present and future… I’m not allowing God to do His work and change me for the better. – so if I don’t stop letting the past effect my now – it will be my ruin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.