Monday, December 05, 2005

today's contentment

It has been an unusually stressful week.
So many things going on and happening.
But to my own surprise Ive been dealing with it (with God's help)
-without raising my voice (i really dont expect this to last)
or expressing my frustrations. (frustration with kids, family, friends, life)
I’ve realized that I had definitely experienced a breakthrough!
Sometime over these past few years I've turned a corner with my personal expectations and learned to live comfortably with a reality that never seems to quite meet my dreams. My house isn't perfectly picked up or decorated. My kids aren't that well behaved. People are not always meet expectations…. They can be crappy and very frustrating- myself included. There are a lot of imperfections in life.

But today I am thankful to have a home, messy or otherwise. I am happy to have children, even when they argue and provide me with the greatest daily challenges I've ever faced. I'm thankful that the reality of my life hasn't matched my dreams, because I greatly suspect that it's the daily disappointments that have allowed me to experience today's contentment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.