Friday, May 06, 2005

the down side of up

5-6-05
Today I finished my classes, I still have two final tests next week, but the main stress and work is DONE! My fourth year of college almost finished. (I still have a year left) Today my group and I presented our Covergirl Integrated Marketing/advertising campaign.We have been working on this the entire semester. We did very well, and I didn’t say Uhh… too many times ;-) While I was so relieved to get it over with, it was sort of a down time. All I could think about was what we could have done better. I also thought I’d want to celebrate, but with don working, I’ll just be home with the kids. I was also reminded that I would have no short term goals to be striving toward. I really enjoy the busy-ness of school and the interaction with other people. YES, I have plenty to do around the house. I’m just not the willing happy housewife Don would like me to be. I am an achiever. I have to keep my mind and body busy. I am so glad to have the opportunity to go back to school. I have learned how to manage my time to fit in all of the day’s duties and still have time for reading and things that I enjoy. I guess I still desire the chance to change my future and destiny. I want to think I’m in control of what I do in life. I want to enjoy what I do and be able to give my family what they want as well. In reality, I know God is in control and holds the keys to my future. I do need to rely on Him more. I know what I want out of life, I just need to find out if that’s what God wants and What is His perfect will. So it’s back to focusing my attention on housecleaning, and being a mom and wife. (I do want to be the best I can be) Of course it isn’t all bad, I get to go back to summer gardening, cooking, playing with the kids more often, running/working out and maybe even sneak in a little fun and relaxed time with Don. I believe that to have a happy and cohesive family I need to give my best and most to God, then Don and the kids. I have not been able to do this the last month or so. Therefore I need to step back into my reality and face it all.
I do have plans for the summer, I hope to go home to Oklahoma and maybe visit my pregnant sister in Lexington, KY. I want to try to get Caleb into a Christian pre-school and find a sitter for Jadyn so I can continue my education next fall- and hopefully graduate May 2006.
I'm not sure which side is up, but i know there are down sides

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.