Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hearts

There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.(Henry Ward Beecher)
"Feel my heartbeat, Mommy!" My five-year-old son grabs my hand and places it on his chest so I can feel the rapid thump-thump beneath my fingers. He is fascinated by hearts While my three-year-old daughter loves the PINK kind. She adores the I-love-you kind of hearts and likes trying to draw them at any opportunity.Someday I know my children will ask me about the connection between the heart organ and the heart symbol for love. Someday I will tell them that my love for them is as much a part of me as the blood that flows through my veins; that I began to love my children from the moment that my blood began to nurture their little bodies
Someday they will know that I love them so much that I would shed my lifeblood in order to protect them. That love and life are intricately connected in a way that goes beyond vital organs and written symbols. Someday I hope they will understand how very much I love them. Until then, I'm content to demonstrate my love in ways they can understand.I put love giving HUGS and cuddles at any time, but especially when they are sick or sad, and kiss and hug them every chance I get. I do my best to listen to them when they have a story to tell (even long and boring ones) and to be patient when they are grouchy (I don't always succeed at that one!). I have to remember someday, (all too soon!) these opportunities will be gone and I'll be looking for other ways to show them my love - from my heart to theirs.
Dear God, guard my child's heart, for from it flow the springs of life.

Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flows the springs of life
Proverbs 4:23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.