Wednesday, July 12, 2006

my trip to Okahoma

Flying with kids is never uneventful, but I am here in Oklahoma safe and sound!
We flew out of Richmond late due to stormy weather in Chicago. One the plane 4 teenage girls – couldn’t help but make over Caleb the whole ride and he LOVED every minute of it. In fact when asked what song he would like to listen to on the ipod – he replied enthusiastically, “ I like Dirty Rollin’ song” -- thank you- Kevin Klous! ( I had to laugh!) so he proceeded to listen to the song and sing along with the chorus. The girls loved it.

we arrived in Chicago 5 min before my connecting flight was scheduled to leave and of course our arrival gate was on the opposite side of the airport of the departure gate. So I picked up my bag and Jadyn and RAN! Forcing Caleb to follow, who was cryin, “ I have to PEE, I HAVE TO PEE!! The whole way. Why did he have to urinate so badly? Because the restroom in the last plane was broken.
When we finally made it to the departure gate, the plane was gone, of course that plane didn’t leave a second late… Uhgg….all that hustle and effort for nothing… oh well.
The next flight to Tulsa didn’t leave for another 4 hours… being in a crowded airport with two kids under 5 is never fun, but I managed to keep them entertained. When I finally thought the wait for the next flight was over – it was not, we had to wait another hour! But we finally got on and Caleb went right to sleep! That was nice. When we finally landed in Tulsa, we ended up waiting 30 min to park at the gate. During that time, Caleb woke up and felt very hot, UH-oh, this is not the 1st time he’s felt ill after a flight.
But I figured he would be fine- I assumed wrong… he proceeded to puke all over the place before I could get him to the restroom. Luckily, he no projectiles hit any other passengers because I was near the rear of the plane.
So I had to clean up and carry Caleb to the Baggage claim where, my sister Amy met us. Caleb seemed pretty miserable but more just tired, but when I placed him in the back seat of the car he started throwing up again! ~ finally both kids fell asleep on the way to my parent’s house.
Today, It’s not too hot here, cause it poured last night. My dad said it was something like 3 inches. Caleb still doesn’t feel up to par, but better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.