Tuesday, May 09, 2006

“Enjoy you day.”

The other day I called 411 for a #, after I received the telephone number that I had requested, the voice on the other end said, “Enjoy you day.” As if it something I needed to do! I was stunned. I was not heralded with the usual, “Have a nice day”.

“Enjoy your day” was the command! I realized, there was a decision to me made.

Was I simply going to continue to endure my day, or was I going to enjoy it to its fullest no matter what was brought my way?

As a mom, I think it is easy to labor under guilt and not have enough time to get things done. Giving and doing so much and sometimes mom’s just endure the seemingly endless diaper changes, stories to read, messes to clean up and answering the why, why why’s.

I have spent many days, enduring the monotonous with my head off in some cloud wishing to be somewhere else doing anything else.

My oldest son is four and can do a lot for himself these days. Yet, it seems as though it was just yesterday that I was watching him sleeping angelically in his bassinet.

Having lived many of my “mommy” days as an endurer, I decided then and there to be an enjoyer! Sometimes it is difficult, but I realize that my two-year old daughter will not want me to roll a ball with her for much longer. I have been encouraged to take that break away from what I may deem as most important, when one of my kids asks me to play or needs special attention. & I will enjoy it!

My hope is that I will have many days of enjoyment with my kids. So, take some time for those important people in your life and definitely, “enjoy your day”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.