Wednesday, May 07, 2008

LIfe & Death


The Goal of life is always to depend on the will of God. Our times are not in our own hands, but at the disposal of God.

The length of our days on earth is brief:
James1:10 But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower
James 4:14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
Job 7:7 Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath…
Psalm 102:11 My days are like the evening shadow;
I wither away like grass
Psalm 103:15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field; 16 the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.
1 Samuel 20:3 …Yet as surely as the LORD lives and as you live, there is only a step between me and death."
God determines how long our life will be:

Psalm 22: 29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive.
Psalms 31: 5 My times are in your hands
Job 33: 4 The Spirit of God has made me;
the breath of the Almighty gives me life
Job 34:14-15 If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15 all mankind would perish together
and man would return to the dust.
Job 14: 5 Man's days are determined;
you have decreed the number of his months
and have set limits he cannot exceed.
Job 12:9-10 Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Revelation 1: 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

What should my attitude toward life be?
Proverbs 27 :1 Do not boast about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

Psalm 31:14-15 But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me.
Psalm 39:4-5 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.