Monday, April 16, 2007

Isolated...together

For quite a while now ... It feels like Don &I are just living together.. two strangers..

We have a feeling of distance, a lack of closeness, and little real intimacy. we share a bed, eat at the same dinner table, watch the same TV, share the same checking account, and parent the same children—and still I feel alone at times. We may talk some, but you don't communicate. Most the time we just argue. We live together, but we don't share life. We Share the same problems.. But Struggle to be happy.
I feel like for a long time we have just been together for the kids; yet we both want more.. yet I feel like don is too selfish for that to ever happen. I try to avoid fighting but i feel i have to bring things up & try to fix things that bother me...
I have been complaining a lot .. & he is trying to change.. so that is a step .. & I am trying to be a better wife… but all I can do is my part & Pray for a better relationship.

Last night I got Don to Go to Tango lessons with me.. they were given at a Church by a good Friend of ours.. it was at times Frustrating but overall a good time.
It seems that anything I really want to do – don doesn't.. but this time he went because we had a couple of other friends going & there was childcare & it was free.
more than anything.. it was an excuse to MAKE Don spend some time with me - besides just watching TV together! & He actually said he had a good time!

Several weeks before the baby was born we went to a Marriage Conference – I hoped that it would help us. a few things & attitudes have changed a little – overall not much has changed.

Still I think that if we can do things together that allow for both of us a good time – that something will grow between us… my hopes are still high

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.